Gaming gets a new definition with the best gaming accessories. Apart from how swift the control at your fingertips are, the game is essentially felt wholly only by the gaming gadgets you possess. On a similar line, the gaming headsets have created a new era of intensive gaming experience. Though it is not a must for a good gaming session, it definitely takes your game to the next level. There are so many options to choose from in terms of features, specific game enhancements, and budget levels. To keep the dilemma at bay, through this article, we provide you with a complete guide to choose the Best Gaming Headsets Under 200 that suits both your requirements and also falls under the budget.
The trend in Gaming Headsets
VR Gaming headsets made a huge entry into the gaming world. It was widely welcomed by all kinds of gamers across the world. Resorting to the innumerous games which have amazing sounds and gaming theme music, these gaming headsets redefined the user interface with respect to gaming. The main reason they earned popularity is to avoid disturbance to others while gaming with loud sounds.
Why do you need a Gaming Headset?
If you are an ardent gamer, you need to invest in a good gaming headset to complete your gaming quest. It establishes a new and enhanced gaming experience comparatively. Using a gaming headset will help you have a unique and dedicated feel of the game, and not disturb the others. Also, long gaming sessions would result in a disturbing environment for your neighbors. If your neighbors are not a great fan of gaming, then the gaming headsets help you sort out the complaints. Just like the way headphones made a huge success overcoming the loudspeakers, in a similar context, gaming headphones have a paved way.
But you can’t compare the same with an ordinary earphone. The quality of sound matters a lot to deliver an everlasting experience. Gaming headphones are known to produce a better bass, and thereby have a profound sound clarity for FPS write recreations. As normal earphones are designed to deliver a musical melody with a mix of all kinds of tunes, gaming is exposed to surround sounds and extra boosts along with an energetic output.
Also, if you are a die-hard fan of the fictional shooting games, then these gaming headphones set you right in the virtual world, you can listen to the footsteps and screams and bullets being fired – everything as if you are actually in the field for real.
Should you buy a wireless gaming headset?
Nowadays with everything getting wireless over the decades, they deliver enhanced output. Wired gaming headphones keep your motion restricted and also the long hours of gaming gets uncomfortable with a wire sticking around all the time. Wireless gaming on the other side can be connected wirelessly with other teammates and thereby gives a wholesome gaming experience with your gaming friends. The boundless motion coupled with integrated motion sensors are the best for racing or adventure based games. At times, wireless gaming headsets sync faster than the wired ones.
Best Gaming Headsets Under 200 Dollars(Best of Best) – Budget friendly and loaded with features
Top 1: SteelSeries 61463 Arctis 7 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone
- This particular model of Gaming Headset is known for its lag free design with 2.4 GHz of wireless audio.
- With a range over 40 feet, in the sense 12 meters and beyond, it is a highly compatible device with all kinds of gaming consoles.
- The 24 hours battery life results in uninterrupted gaming marathons for the gaming night. The Li-ion battery delivers a lifelong rechargeable gaming experience.
- The high-class ClearCast mic is responsible to deliver a studio quality voice effects that make the internal gaming voices and missions realistic. The clarity and background noise cancellation is yet another awesome feature responsible for the seamless sound effect. This is mainly because it uses a proprietary bidirectional design.
- The S1 speaker drivers and DTS Headphone: X 7:1 surround sound, the stereo audio is compatible with multiple devices like the Mac, PS4, Xbox One, VR, and mobiles.
- The microphone has a high sensitivity of -48 Db which ensures a little hush of breath would be reflected on screen in the game. This owes to the incredible realism involved with the game and fellow players, be it another individual or the in-built game players.
- The Artics Headsets have a athletics inspired performance with AirWeave ear cushions and a ski goggle suspension headband. This results in a lasting comfort, thereby ensuring the longer durability of the gaming headset.
- Arctis 7 was named the PC Gamer’s “Best Wireless Gaming Headset of 2017”.
- The On-Headset, ChatMix dial allows you adjust the levels between gaming and chat volume on the fly, but this is available only for Mac and PC.
- The ergonomic on-ear controls give an easy access to volume and microphone mute. This is useful for quick muting during calls or sudden breaks in gaming.
- It is mobile ready, wired with 4 poles 3.5 mm cable to connect to even non-USB devices like Xbox.
Top 2: CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset with DOLBY HEADPHONE 7.1 Surround Sound for PC – Carbon
- Epic sound clarity: Corsair delivers the ultimate gaming experience with respect to audio performance and exceptional comfort.
- It has the potential to receive broadcasts up to 40 feet wirelessly, aided with a wireless RF Technology.
- With a huge frequency range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, the audible sound range entirely, helps you listen to profound lows and ecstatic highs.
- The over-the-head earpiece design ensures high comfort along with a secure fit.
- The Boom Microphone is designed to record and decipher all kinds of sounds you could utter. The LED mute indicator reduces noise and improves voice quality.
- Battery life is as high as 16 hours, to ensure prolonged gaming experience.
- Superior Wireless Performance: 2.4 GHz wireless audio with a long range of up to 40 feet, and the upgraded antenna design is known to deliver high-quality output at even unfortunate conditions.
- Precision Gaming Audio: Genuine Dolby Headphone with 7.1 surrounds delivers a multi-channel positional audio responsible for instant readiness for action in games. The custom tuned 50 mm neodymium speaker delivers an action-filled experience with great accuracy and range.
- Complete control with CUE: the CORSAIR Utility Engine software gives a comprehensive control over your headset’s features. You can sync with other CORSAIR RGB devices, and the huge color options are at your fingertips.
- The build quality is high enough to support longer gaming hours with ultimate comfort. The breathable microfiber and memory foam are responsible to reduce the inbuilt heat and moisture.
- With superior quality components and also the build quality is strong enough to deliver high durability.
Top 3: CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset – Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC – Discord Certified – 50mm Drivers – White
- Be the finest hour or the All-nighter, fit for every passionate gamer the Microfiber mesh fabric and memory foam ear cups ensure superior comfort.
- The legendary CORSAIR build quality features a metallic structural component that is built to sustain and endure for a longer lifetime. The glass fiber infused plastics make sure the looks are upbeat.
- Void Pro delivers a crystal clear communication over other 45 million Discord users, and this is Discord gauntlet tested.
- With a clear and distinguishable beat performance, the COISAIR RGB devices ensure a superior quality of Audio output.
- Other features are similar to that of CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset with DOLBY HEADPHONE 7.1 Surround Sound for PC – Carbon.
Top 4: Avantree Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth 4.1 Headphones with Mic, Wireless Wired Foldable Stereo ANC Over-Ear Headset, Low Latency for TV PC Phone – ANC032
- Active noise canceling: besides preserving the characteristics of the original source and its audio aspects, it effectively reduces the low-frequency noise in the background. The ANC works most efficiently at a low frequency of noise in the background. But the inconsistent or sudden shrills such as metro noises, real-time conversations or vehicular horns have a deep impact and are completely unaffected.
- The Superior Sound quality: the advanced Bluetooth CSR chipset combined with the 40 mm stereo drivers which result in a powerful and stable audio ensuring a dynamic and smooth music experience.
- The Ultralightweight and customized fit: Weighing just about 0.40 lb, it is built from such materials that are durable and light as a feather. The fully customized pivoting ear cups are considered as the best super soft ear pads. It can also be used as the perfect headsets while traveling as well.
- No lip sync delay and fast streaming: it is completely compatible with any low latency Bluetooth transmitter. Usually, Avantree Audikast or Priva III is the best suggestion. The maximum delay recorded is less than 40 ms, which is not even recognized by the human ear. This quality owes to the best audio experience for TV PC Gaming and Mobile phones.
- Responsive Customer care: with a 24-month warranty, they offer a prompt customer care service, thereby making them one of the most trusted gaming hardware company.
Top 5: HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Gaming Headset Under 200 – 30 Hour Battery Life – Immersive In-Game Audio – Intuitive Audio and Mic Controls – LED Lighting Effects – Works with PC/PS4 (HX-HSCF-BK/AM)
- Long Lasting Battery life: the best long-serving battery, is entirely responsible for uninterrupted gaming sessions and delivers a good battery when powered off.
- Best Audio: the impressive audio in the game, is the reason to deliver the best user experience.
- Signature HyperX comfort is a worthy standard for comforts and ease of use.
- The 90-degree rotating ear cups with LED lighting effects make it PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro ready.
- The detachable noise cancellation microphones deliver intuitive audio and mic controls.
- Durable, adjustable steel slider: Cloud Flight is intended to withstand the toughness of daily gaming and be ready to deliver the best when the user keeps coming back for more.
Top 6: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone: X 7. 1 Surround for PC, PlayStation 4, VR, Mac and Wired for Xbox One, Android, and iOS – White
- All System Compatibility: it is designed for each and every gaming device that you can game on, right from PC, PlayStation, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch to VR and mobiles.
- ClearCast Mic: using a proprietary bidirectional design, the ClearCast microphone delivers a studio quality voice with high clarity and background noise cancellation. So every time you game, you are assured of the best audibility.
- S1 Audio Driver: designed to produce comprehensive and a balanced soundscape, the S1 speakers deliver an ultra-low distortion for your games, movies, music and more. The audio drivers are responsible to deliver high-quality content.
- Exquisite AirWeave Ear Cushions: the athletic-inspired performance is the main feature of Arctics Headsets. The AirWeave ear cushions keep your ear cool and dry even after long hours of use.
- Ski Goggle Suspension Band: The elite ski google suspension is perfectly designed to fit comfortably across your entire head. This equally distributes the weight across your head and eliminates the pressure points.
- Perfect personalization: the SteelSeries Engine software gives you the option to personalize the audio with customizable surround sound settings.
- Lightweight Design: the maximum durability and comfort are exceptionally combined with strong and ultralightweight materials.
- On-Ear Audio Controls: the easy access to muting the microphone and volume settings, is credited to the amazing ergonomic design.
- SteelSeries 7.1 Surround Sound: SteelSeries 7.1 Surround is known to deliver impressive sound on PC and also on other stereo audio devices such as Mac, PS4, Xbox One, VR, Mobile and Nintendo Switch, etc.
Top 7: SteelSeries Arctis Wireless Bluetooth All-Platform Gaming Headset for Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, VR, Android and iOS – Black
- While your game, you can now simultaneously pick calls, stream music wirelessly over Bluetooth and even join a VoIP chat.
- It has a versatile design, with amazing sound, style, and comfort on all gaming platforms such as PC, PlayStation, VR, Mobile and Nintendo Switch.
- It is designed perfectly to suit the Nintendo switch, along with a wired connection to the console and Bluetooth to that of Switch Chat ( Mobile App).
- The ClearCast mic is the best for all forms of gaming, as it delivers studio quality voice clarity and a remarkable noise cancellation in the background.
- It is ideal for Xbox: high-quality game sound is the feature you are assured to realize as you connect to your Xbox One controller.
- Another perfection for PlayStation: the wired connection to the PS4 controller ensures a superior quality game sound. Apart from this the Bluetooth gallows you to pick calls and listen to music.
Other features are similar to the previous model: Top 6: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone: X 7. 1 Surround for PC, PlayStation 4, VR, Mac and Wired for Xbox One, Android, and iOS – White
Top 8: CORSAIR HS70 Wireless Gaming Headset – 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC – Discord Certified – 50mm Drivers – Carbon
- Exceptional comfort for long hours: the Plush memory foam and the flexible ear cups are responsible to deliver brilliant comfort.
- High durability: the legendary Corsair Quality and the metal infusion ensures long-term durability combined with high flexibility.
- Superior sound: the high precision 50 mm Neodymium tuned speaker drivers withhold the credit of higher sound quality and wide range complemented with higher accuracy.
- Optimized microphone: the unidirectional microphone reduces the significant noise, delivering enhanced voice quality and can be used on the go.
- Plug and play compatibility: the Virtual 7.1 surround sound on PC leaves you with a multi-channel positional audio, and with Sony PlayStation 4 it brings home the wireless studio audio sensation.
- Corsair Hs70 with its cozy memory foam and flexible ear cups is widely reputed for its groundbreaking performance accompanied with good comfort.
Top 9: Razer ManO’War Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset under 200,Compatible with PC, Mac, Steam Link and works with PlayStation 4
- High fidelity gaming: the Razer ManO’War delivers ‘A grade’ audio through a range of about 14 meters with high clarity.
- The lag-free 2.4 GHz wireless technology is the main winner.
- The 50 mm Neodymium magnet drivers ensure high-quality virtual output, which seems quite realistic.
- The 7.1 channel surround sound impresses most of the gamers around the globe.
- The versatile unidirectional digital microphone is flexible enough to adjust as per your need.
- The system requirements are: Mac OS X (10.9 and higher)/ Mac with USB port/ PlayStation 4 Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10/ Windows Vista or PC
- Quickest action controls: with high-speed relatability, the action at your fingertips is what you see on screen. Automatically adjust mic, mute and volume levels without struggling with onscreen options.
- With 16.8 million customizable color options, you could preload a countless number of lighting profiles at one go. It is all easily set with Razer Synapse.
- You can find the USB dongle in the headset, for Razer Man O’War at an expedient location.
Top 10: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound, Wireless Headphones with Microphone
- System requirements: Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8,(now available for Windows 10 as well) and a USB port.
- It has three programmable keys, to control game elements. The G-keys are located at comfortable locations on the left ear for fast and easy access. You have the option to customize the G-keys with easy-to-use Logitech Gaming Software.
- Low-frequency effects (LFE) channel and the Rapid- Burst transmission are one of the notable features.
- The battery is capable of enduring the longtime gaming with up to 10 hours per charge.
- The microphone has a unidirectional type, with a pressure gradient condenser, with the high sensitivity of 40dB/Pa. this owes to the incredible voice capturing efficiency, with superior noise canceling capabilities.
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound: this ensures you have real-time sound effects with respect to the way you play. The audio seems to directional just like in reality.
- High speed and agility ensure that the signal is clear and strong for long-range distances.
- You can even charge as you play by just connecting it to the USB which is further powered by the adapter.
- Designed for superior comfort: the cushioned ear pads engage you completely in the game, sealing out the external noises. The cushioned frame keeps you at ease while gaming for long hours. It keeps your ears cool and dry.
Tips to choose the right one:
To summarize, based on your needs and budget conditions, select the ideal one for yourself.
Keep in mind to notice these domains with various features:
- Microphone: one of the main components of the gaming headset is the Microphone. It is quite essential to keep the game realistic with respect to the real-time commands.
- Frequency response: the range of the frequency response is another criteria for choosing the right headsets. The range of sounds and action related audio is the basis for the efficiency of the sound output.
- Sound profile: out of different sound profiles, the choice of the right one determines the appropriate mode for different themes of games.
- If it is wired or wireless: nowadays with loaded features wireless systems are gaining more popularity. It is mainly attributed to their fast response and versatile connection options.
- Surround sound: the best part of gaming is the sound effects that keep you motivated throughout. Therefore a perfect gaming headset is totally dependent on the sound quality.
While selecting a right one, choose based on these factors as mentioned above along with your system or gaming requirements.
Gaming headsets are definitely an advantage to improve your gaming experience. But lying on the expensive side of gaming accessories, a gaming headset is an optional choice for most gamers around the globe. So, if at all you think of rising up your social status and also reliving a virtual reality, opt for the best gaming headsets under 200 dollars as soon as possible.